News & Events
- The Business Office will be closed April 24-25, 2019
- "Jeffrey Gibson's Performance at the National Portrait Gallery: To Name An Other" Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery is requesting volunteers for a live exhibit being held on May 22nd. If interested in volunteering for the event, please contact the office for more details and contact information.
- Historical interpreters make repairs to Monacan Village Living History Exhibit after damage from heavy snowfall
- Special Tribal Statement
- March 30, 2019- Johnson Health Center will host a meeting at 10:00 am. and open to all Tribal citizens at the Tribal Hall regarding changes to Medicare/Medicaid as well as Marketplace insurance options. They will give an overview of the Center's services for all that are interested.
- NOW HIRING: BIA Pathways Rangeland Internship for Native College Students: Application deadline April 5, 2019. BIA Range Interns for Native college students working on their degrees in Natural Resources and related fields such as natural resources management, minerals and energy, geography, agricultural engineering, agricultural economics, animal husbandry, animal science, horticulture, rangeland management, soil conservation or science, environmental sciences, fisheries and wildlife biology, forestry and other related biological sciences. Positions are posted nationwide. This is an opportunity to get in-the-field experience and for employment with the BIA, other federal agencies, Tribal Nations, or other organizations. www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526519600
- Powwow is right around the corner, and the Nation is still in need of a few items to make sure the event runs smoothly. If you have questions on how to help with donations, please email the Tribal Office to find out what items are needed and where you can send them. We hope that all are able to attend. (Tribaloffice@monacannation.com)
- Tribal elections are coming up, please send in your updated address for absentee ballots. You can do so by filling out the Tribal Renewal Card form with your complete information and mail in to the address provided, or by emailing Tribaloffice@monacannation.com with your updated address information only.
- Calling all Native High School Students! Join students from across the country to discuss community adaptation and related environmental issues impacting Native peoples... https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yO_FW2mJPT0wU1Y5-eZ3f7_KTHwuHL4cpMGtu-gdigU/edit