News & Events
- DECLARATION OF A STATE OF EMERGENCY
- Attention Students!!! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the Tribal Office has received approved funding for hotspots with an unlimited data subscription through Verizon until JUNE 2021. These hotspots are available to MIN students only and will require proof that the student is currently enrolled in a relevant school or university course. After this date or the ending of the course, whichever is soonest, the hotspot is required to be returned to the office and the subscription will be cancelled. For further information or to request a hotspot, please contact the Tribal Office at TribalOffice@MonacanNation.com or 434-363-4864. HOTSPOT REQUEST FORM!!!
- Dear Save Rassawek Supporter, The James River Water Authority has filed their application for an individual permit from the Army Corps of Engineers to construct their water project on top of Rassawek. The Army Corps of Engineers is seeking public comments with a deadline of May 7, 2020. Read their notice here. We are deeply concerned about the public’s ability to comment while so many of us are complying with the Governor’s stay-at-home order. We have requested that the Corps grant an extension, but so far the Corps has declined. We need your help sharing this information with your friends, including calling those who may not have reliable internet access during this time. There are several ways to help save Rassawek: (1) Please gather signatures for our public letter requesting that Governor Northam and the Army Corps move the project to an alternative that does not destroy Rassawek. They need to hear from voters that the public does not support this project. People can sign on to the letter by filling out the form here: https://bit.ly/saverassawek; (2) Please write to the Corps and tell them you do not support this project and they should choose an alternative that does not destroy Rassawek. Email your comments to email@example.com. We suggest that you: (a) Include your name and address; (b) State that you oppose JRWA's permit application and that it is not in the public interest; (c) State that Rassawek should be preserved as an important part of national, Virginia, and tribal history; (d) Request a public hearing on the permit application; (e) Request that the Corps prepare an environmental impact statement because of the intensity of the proposed impacts to Rassawek; (f) Send us a copy of your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time and continued attention.
- Postponement of 28th Annual Powwow!
- Emergency Communication Contacts by County
- Rassawek GoFundMe Page
- The tribal rolls are now open, please visit the enrollment page for information about the application process.
- Special Tribal Statement
Student Scholarship & Grant Opportunities
Culture Class: Begins January 11th from 2-5pm. Scheduled every weekend, except the 3rd Saturday of each month.
Weekly Council Teleconference Information (Thursdays):
- Dial In Information: (408) 418-9388
- Meeting ID: 126 917 5794
- Password: 2018
November 21, 2020- Monthly Tribal Meeting 10am - 1pm
Liberty Mountain Conference Center, Lynchburg
December 2020- TBD
**ALL DATES AND TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
American Indian Graduate Center Scholarships
American Indian College Fund
Daughters of the American Revolution
Truman Picard Scholarship Notice
We are now hiring for an Administrative Assistant. Please review the job description before submitting your application and resume.