News & Events
- DECLARATION OF A STATE OF EMERGENCY
- Postponement of 28th Annual Powwow!
- Emergency Communication Contacts by County
- Message from the Tribal Office Regarding COVID-19:
The Tribal Office Staff are monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic. We are in constant communication with government agencies and officials about potential threats, and ways to prevent contamination and spread of the virus. We are following the guidance of IHS and the CDC to remain informed and proactive for the health and well-being of all our tribal citizens.
We ask that tribal citizens visit the IHS and CDC website for information about the virus, prevention measures, and how to properly prepare you and your family for possible shutdowns due to the pandemic. We hope all our citizens and their families remain safe and healthy during this confusing and troublesome time. We will continue to monitor and update the situation as new information is released.
- Announcement from Monacan Nation Powwow Committee "At this time, our Annual Powwow is going forward as scheduled. The Committee will evaluate what the health experts advise and will make a decision about whether or not to postpone the powwow at the beginning of May. We hope that everyone stays safe and healthy and abides by the health experts advise."
- It's that time of year again!!! Culture Class starts January 11 between 2-5 pm class will be held every weekend except the 3rd Saturday between 12-5pm. We look forward to a great new year and seeing everyone again!
- Office of Air Quality Planning & Standards (OAQPS) 2020 Spring/Summer Intern Program, position details are posted on USAJobs
- There are three scholarships available through the Daughters of the American Revolution. Please visit their page for more information about the Frances Crawford Marvin American Indian, American Indians, and the Anne Trevarthen Memorial Scholarships.
- Rassawek GoFundMe Page
- Estimates for repairs needed at the Tribal Hall and Cabin. Repairs include (but not limited to) roofing and gutters, electrical, landscaping, and carpentry. Please contact Monacan Cultural Foundation for more information!
- The tribal rolls are now open, please visit the enrollment page for information about the application process.
- The Monacan Indian Nation published an op-ed in Charlottesville Daily Progress calling on JRWA to move the pump station and save Rassawek. You can view the op-ed here: https://www.dailyprogress.com/opinion/guest_columnists/opinion-commentary-major-monacan-site-imperiled-by-progress/article_9cb50670-945d-11e9-bccd-4be9947e42b4.html
- We are asking members of the public to sign a letter of support to save Rassawek. We need to show the Corps and the Governor that the public is not supportive of this project in its current form. Folks can read and sign on to the letter here: https://bit.ly/31QHIX
- Special Tribal Statement
Student Scholarship & Grant Opportunities
Culture Class: Begins January 11th from 2-5pm. Scheduled every weekend, except the 3rd Saturday of each month.
MAR 8, 2020- Council Workshop @ 2pm
MAR 14, 2020- Powwow Meeting @ 1pm
MAR 21, 2020- Tribal Meeting CANCELLED
MAR 29, 2020- Council Workshop @ 2pm
APR 18, 2020- Tribal Meeting @ 11am
MAY 16 & 17, 2020- Powwow, no meetings scheduled.
JUN 20, 2020- Tribal Meeting @ 11am
JUL 18, 2020- Tribal Meeting @ 11am
AUG 15, 2020- Tribal Meeting @ 11am
SEPT 19, 2020- Tribal Meeting @ 11am
OCT 3, 2020- Homecoming & Scholarship Auction
OCT 17, 2020- Tribal Meeting @ 11am
NOV 21, 2020- Tribal Meeting @ 11am
DEC 2020- No meetings scheduled.
**ALL DATES AND TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
American Indian Graduate Center Scholarships
American Indian College Fund
Daughters of the American Revolution
Truman Picard Scholarship Notice