News & Events
- Estimates for repairs needed at the Tribal Hall and Cabin. Repairs include (but not limited to) roofing and gutters, electrical, landscaping, and carpentry. Please contact Monacan Cultural Foundation for more information!
- Monacan Food Bank is now open! Grand opening is July 13, 2019. Hours of operation are as follows: first Wednesday of each month 5-7 pm, third Monday of each month between 10-12 pm, and third Saturday of each month by appointment only.
- AGAR Presents: Bear Mountain Indian Mission School and Early Integration of African-American Students Documentaries (Amherst County Museum, July 14, 2019)
- The tribal rolls are now open, please visit the enrollment page for information about the application process.
- The Monacan Indian Nation published an op-ed in Charlottesville Daily Progress calling on JRWA to move the pump station and save Rassawek. You can view the op-ed here: https://www.dailyprogress.com/opinion/guest_columnists/opinion-commentary-major-monacan-site-imperiled-by-progress/article_9cb50670-945d-11e9-bccd-4be9947e42b4.html
- We are asking members of the public to sign a letter of support to save Rassawek. We need to show the Corps and the Governor that the public is not supportive of this project in its current form. Folks can read and sign on to the letter here: https://bit.ly/31QHIX
- Thank you to the tribal members, sponsors, and for all those that participated in our 27th annual Monacan Powwow! See photos here.
- Historical interpreters make repairs to Monacan Village Living History Exhibit after damage from heavy snowfall
- Special Tribal Statement